Functions as the strategic business leader of the property's Hotel Operations. Areas of responsibility include Front Office, SPA, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage/Culinary and Engineering/Maintenance. Position works with direct reports (department heads) to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures Hotel Operations meets the brand’s standards, targets customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department and develops positive owner relations. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment.
- Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
- Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
- Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward the achievement of goals.
- Works with the hotel management team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
Managing Revenue Goals
- Monitors hotel operations.
- Reviews reports and financial statements to determine hotel operations performance against budget.
- Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.
- Reviews the Wage Progress Report and compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
Leading Operations and Department Teams
- Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and ensures alignment amongst the hotel leadership teams.
- Develops systems to enable employees to understand guest satisfaction results.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
Managing the Guest Experience
- Review guest feedback with the leadership team and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Responds to and handle guest problems and complaints.
- Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on the quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms and Food and Beverage areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in Operations (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change, ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to the team as necessary.
- Operations Management and Analytical Skills
- Experience in Team Management and Budgeting
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management or related field
- 10+ years of experience in the hospitality industry, with a minimum of 5 years in a senior management role
A Master’s degree in a related field and fluency in multiple languages are considered advantageous.
APPLY FOR JOB