Chief Commercial Officer
A dynamic hotel management company in Azerbaijan managing a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts, Absheron Hotel Group is looking for Chief Commercial Officer (CCO).
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) is responsible for the overall development and execution of the commercial strategy of Absheron Hotel Group. This includes business development, sales & distribution, revenue management, e-commerce, brand and marketing strategies.
Sales & Distribution Management
- Work closely with CEO and COO to develop, implement and execute the commercial strategy for Absheron Hotel Group.
- Responsible for the continued development and execution of Absheron Hotel Group sales programs to maximize market share, penetration of target segments, including setting aggressive annual revenue targets by market and channel of distribution.
- Continually monitor revenue performance against targets, taking proactive steps to address projected shortfalls.
- Oversee the distribution management function, ensuring Absheron Hotel Group maintains a highly effective customer relationship management and online distribution presence through its website, and other relevant sales and distribution channels.
- Assist hotels to continuously increase RevPAR ranking within their competitive set by gaining market share.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to be used by intermediaries and travel partners.
- Work closely with the Cluster Director of Sales & Marketing (CDOSM) to review performance of hotel sales on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and to provide consultation on tactical strategies to support sales goals. Through these reviews, to ensure pricing strategies are in place that are appropriate to support the goals of the hotels and the company overall.
- Oversee with the CDOSM the accurate maintenance of all databases and the timely consolidation of various production reports, budgeting and expenses of the Hotels.
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategy in alignment with global commercial initiatives and business priorities.
- Ensure sustained tracking of major accounts (travel agents, wholesalers and tour operators) and provide measurable ROI on account activity.
- Anticipate and proactively address marketplace movements in volume, mix, yield or channel emphasis.
- Identify customer issues and needs, ensuring the sales organization is equipped with the tools and resources to address issues expediently.
- Responsible for negotiations of all major contracts
- Oversee the revenue management function, including pricing and yield management, ensuring Absheron Hotel Group maintains a market-responsive and customer - centric approach.
- Optimize Absheron hotel Group managed Hotels profitability through the deployment of progressive revenue management practices.
- Maintain current on state-of-the-art and leading-edge technology, programs and processes for improved pricing and yield management.
- Work closely with the Cluster Director of Revenue (CDOR) to review performance of hotel pricing strategy on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and to provide consultation on tactical strategies to support sales goals. Through these reviews, to ensure pricing strategies are in place that are appropriate to support the goals of the hotels and the company overall.
- Oversee with the CDOR the accurate maintenance of all databases and the timely consolidation of various reports, budgeting and RFP of the Hotels.
- Responsible for annually reviewing and approving RFP quotations for all corporate accounts.
- Drive the development of commercial strategy which focus on the acquisition, retention and strengthening of the business.
- Think strategically about the business and the consumer to develop targeted plans that deliver results.
- Define the image, experience and promise within the Absheron Hotel Group managed hotels.
- Develop annual and long term budgets for revenues as well as expenses.
- Develop annual marketing plans for the group, per hotel and per market verticals.
- Develop new products or brands as needed with a focus on driving superior ROI for owners as preferred development brands; maintain and refresh existing brands. Update based on competitive assessment, strategic research and benchmark analysis with responsibilities for brand relevance.
- Develop and execute the brand marketing strategy, which is aligned with the brand’s mission, vision, values and strategic objectives, as well as the overarching objectives of Absheron Hotel Group. Ensure all executional marketing plans cascade from the strategy.
- Develop and implement strategies and measurement criteria for Brand Marketing that support achievement of brand goals. Establish a culture of ROI.
- Communicate strategy and business plans to key stakeholders. Serve as the SME for Brand marketing.
- Direct external agencies on overall strategy.
- Lead the development and implementation of Absheron Hotel Group commercial strategy to maximize growth and profitability across all Absheron Hotel Group managed hotels.
- Lead all commercial activities of Absheron Hotel Group
- Responsible for negotiations of sales contracts, lease agreements, strategic partnerships and affiliations.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities against targets using key metrics, prepare and analyse reports for CEO/COO.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel. Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel.
- Cultivate a culture of focused hard work and openness.
- Bachelor degree; MBA preferred (Commercial or related field).
- 15+ years of proven experience, with at least ten years of relevant work experience in sales and marketing
- Must have global perspective and understanding of relevant global business trends
- Ability to work well within all levels of the organization, especially internal and external senior management relationships
- Results driven and able to achieve/exceed strategic objectives
- Strong, proven “win – win” negotiation skills that produce mutually beneficial outcomes that elevate Absheron Hotel Group’s industry credibility.
- Demonstrates a leadership identity throughout the organization by eliciting a performance culture through example that can be emulated throughout the organization.